Last night just after 9:00pm I get a text from a local number saying that NeighborCity has a lead for me. It even gives me the name of an alleged lead and his phone number. The number matched my area code, which is a rarer area code used around here. It also gave the name of Angela Higginbotham, NeighborCity as the sender. Well, she works for NeighborCity according to her LinkedIn profile but she is out in California.

As a broker we are used to these types of texts or calls occasionally and even though my number is registered to the Do Not Call registry, I continue to get these types of calls. Obviously we all know the DNC is somewhat worthless and only keeps legitimate solicitors from calling.

Abstract of text received:

Solicitor Neighborhood City: [Used my actual name], NeighborCity, a licensed brokerage, has a client referral for you. Details will be sent next. 9:09 PM

Solicitor Neighborhood City: Mike V. is interested in purchasing in Elgin and said: "Hi, I found your profile on NeighborCity and would like to speak to you about helping me purchase my 9:09 PM

Solicitor Neighborhood City: next home.". Please call Mike at (847)260-7437 to claim this referral. -Angela Higginbotham, NeighborCity. 9:10 PM

Also based on my sources the phone number given is registered to a completely different individual. The number this text was sent from is not registered but possibly a Google Voice or a spoofed CID 331-205-1394. I used a one of my other numbers to text it back with a threat but so far, no response.

Reason of review: Illegal Solicitation.

Preferred solution: For them to cease their illegal solicitation as well as the erroneous information contained about Real Estate brokers on their web site..

I didn't like: Violation of cann-spam act, Illegal solicitation, Spoofing contact number.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 24, 2015.

Comments

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1098659

Be careful

She is a scam

Keeps sending fake clients with phone numbers not in service

Block her asap

to Muffin #1100029

Oh, she is blocked and then some. I am starting to think this site runs itself!